Tag: vimeo video downloader chrome
Vimeo is one of the most important videos sharing platforms and inside you will find many videos. Sometimes you want to download some videos both to use them in your creations and to show them to friends even without a network or to watch it calmly when you are disconnected.
Downloading from Vimeo is possible directly from the site but is not allowed for all videos. Fortunately, it is very easy to take advantage of convenient free external services and programs to get around this limitation. In general, only copyright-free videos allow direct download from Vimeo, we invite you not to violate anyone’s rights.
Recall that, Vimeo is one of the main competitor’s platforms of YouTube, as we have already observed in the best alternatives to YouTube.
Download a Video Directly From Vimeo
If a video allows direct download, under the player you will find the “Download” button icon and, by clicking on it, a simple contextual menu will open. From the menu, we can choose in which quality we want to download the video and in which language we want to download the subtitles (if any). In short, everything is very simple and immediate.
Download videos from Vimeo via websites
There are many convenient portals that allow you to easily download from video sharing portals such as Vimeo.
Here are a couple of alternatives we have selected for you:
It is a simple and appreciated solution, in which there is not too much invasive advertising and which is always reliable for downloading videos from different sites and social networks.
The use is also very simple, to download a video from Vimeo just:
- take the address of the video you want to download from Vimeo, you can copy it directly from the address bar at the top of your program, by right-clicking and clicking on “Copy”
then go to the Downvids page
- paste the address in the appropriate text field, you can do it by pressing the right button and then selecting “Paste”
- at this point, through the appropriate drop-down menus, it is possible to choose the format in which you want to download the video while if you prefer to download only the audio just select an audio format such as Mp3, Ogg, or waw
- then in the drop-down menu below choose the quality at which to download the video;
- Click on the gray button “Download!”
- after short processing, the “Download this video” button will appear, then tap on it with the right button and select “Save as”
- finally, choose the folder where you want to download the video and click on the “Save” button.
This is a site absolutely similar to the previous one. We have also selected this for its ease of use and for the absence of invasive advertising. It should be noted that compared to other similar sites this allows you to download even a single piece of video simply by choosing the start and end time.
The usage procedure is absolutely similar to that of Downvids (these services all work the same way) and therefore repeating it would be redundant. You can reach the service conveniently on this page: ClipConverter.
If you want a stylish alternative, you can’t miss Yout, although the name has a marked affinity with that of a famous video sharing platform, it works great with all of them and therefore also with Vimeo.
The use is very simple and the portal is also translated into Italian. To download a video from Vimeo just:
- go to the Yout site
- then in the appropriate text field enter the address of the video and press the “Enter” key on the keyboard
after a very short upload, we will be taken to a section where using the slider, we can choose when the clip to download should start and finish
- you can also choose if you want to download the audio or just the video
- finally, click on the button “Format switches to Mp4” (yes, the translation is not exactly happy).
Download from Vimeo via browser addons
Addons are small programs that add practical functions to our browsers. Add-ons (otherwise called extensions) were born on Firefox to then arrive on Chrome and other programs to browse.
There are handy addons that allow you to download videos from almost any website (except the well-known Google video portal and protected sites such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video) and therefore also from Vimeo.
Most of these solutions are similar: they act as grabbers, locate the video being played and allow you to download it. They work on every platform on which browsers are installed.